- This event has passed.
Question. Persuade. Refer.
September 30, 2020 @ 6:00 pmFree
As someone who may be in the best possible position to prevent a suicide, you will find that QPR is designed to help you save a life. QPR consists of these three skills:
1. Question a person about suicide.
2. Persuade someone to get help.
3. Refer someone to the appropriate resource.
QPR is not a form of counseling or treatment. It IS intended to offer hope through positive action.
By learning QPR you will come to recognize the warning signs, clues, and suicidal communications of people in trouble, and gain skills to act vigorously to prevent a possible tragedy.
Much like CPR, the fundamentals of QPR are easily learned. As with CPR, the use of QPR may save a life.
Participants completing the QPR Gatekeeper training for Suicide Prevention should be able to:
- Recognize someone at risk for suicide.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of intervention skills
- Describe knowledge of referral resources and how to refer someone to help.