- This event has passed.
Thrive Community Summit: Promoting Preventive Mental Health and Well-being
November 16 @ 5:30 pm
Join Summit County Behavioral Health, Live Like Sam, Webewell, and Mental Wellness Alliance for an interactive event addressing the mental health crisis facing youth in Summit County, Utah, and the nation.This event is ideal for parents, educators, mental health professionals, and community partners.
Our speakers will provide a general overview of the following:
- The prevalence of poor mental health in Summit County and some of the catalysts of the mental health issues facing youth.
- The importance of prevention to promote mental health in youth.
- The many behaviors within our control we can practice that improve mental health and well-being.
- The importance of pursuing happiness and its impact on mental health.
- Thrive: A well-being skills program launched in partnership between Live Like Sam and Webewell, serving youth in Summit County.
Following the keynote speakers, the Thrive psychoeducation facilitation team will guide participants through a 30-45 minute well-being group session utilizing positive psychological interventions and other easily practiced well-being strategies.